After New Year's resolutions have come and gone, it can be challenging to keep maintain weight and stay on track.Gunnar Peterson is a Beverly Hills personal trainer whose clients include celebrities, professional athletes and ordinary people. He trains Kardashian, Jennifer Lopez, Sylvester Stallone, Bruce Willis and Hugh Jackman as well as top athletes from the NBA, NHL, NFL, and NCAA teams.
Gunnar recently shared some of his best tips on how to maintain weight and stay healthy!
Find a training program that works for you and stick with it. Too many people set unrealistic expectations and then either lose interest or give up because it's too hard or are not seeing results fast enough. This is where the new technology as keys Press Epson fitness trackers activity can help keep track of your workouts and strength to help keep you honest with your training and motivated. Keys Press continuously track your heart rate, distance, calories burned and sleep all directly from your wrist.
Mix your program. With that being said, once you have found a good program that works for you, it is important to change it up to avoid plateaus. For example, during a cardiovascular workout, change the type of activity, such as interval training instead of steady state cardio or vice versa. Go swimming instead of running. It's all about working your body differently and keep the body guessing. The more your body has to adapt more needs to be changed.
Get your exercise. To all lead busy lives. Whether traveling for work, pick up the kids or running errands, sometimes our daily activities can make us feel that we have no time for the gym. My recommendation is to find a way to get your workout. For example, it could be pushups in your hotel room when traveling for business or sprints with his dog in the park. Do something and be active. Little things can help meet your goals.
Intensify your workout. Instead of spending countless hours in the gym per day, you can get the same if not better benefits to shorten your workouts and gradually increase the intensity. Can also be used as trackers keys Press PS-100 and PS-500 band watch to monitor your intensity and make sure you are getting the most out of your workout. Screens keys Press lights showing different heart rate zones that are training in, so you can easily control the intensity of the LED. When limited in time.Speaking limited time, if you only have a short window to go to the gym, make the most of your workout by mixing several joint resistance movements (examples: pushups, squats, lunges, rows) with bouts of high intensity cardio. Top Mistakes
1. Doing too much too fast. Many times, people try to straighten a life of injustice two weeks before a deadline. Renew their lives instead of better piece by piece in a way that will work for the long term.
2. Neglecting nutrition. Many people put in all the hard work in the gym, but then lax in their diet. Nutrition is as important as training and a balanced diet that includes protein, vegetables and complex carbohydrates will help you stay on track. Avoid process foods, refined sugars and fruit juices.
3. Not drinking enough water. Water helps recovery and keep the body hydrated. Helps eliminate toxins and keeps you healthy. We will also keep you fuller throughout the day, helping to prevent overeating or eating sandwiches.
Nutrition is also a very important part of weight control. I was fortunate to speak with Kim McDevitt, MPH RD, National Educator Vega.
Kim shared some of his best nutrition advice. What are simple daily habits you can get to keep the weight?
The key to weight maintenance is to stay consistent in your daily habits. You have (hopefully) took some solid healthy behaviors that have got where he is today. Now is the time to join them! While you do not have to adhere to the same exact boring eating and exercise day after day, maintain the general principles in practice. Whether a sweat session early in the morning before work, group fitness classes at the local gym, which has joined, or career training motivated to get moving, stick to it.
As for your diet, be sure to plan and prepare. Both meal planning and food preparation are the key to weight control. Embrace the kitchen as a way to explore new healthy foods and connect with people you love. Also, make an effort to sit and enjoy healthy meals aware done at home with family and friends. Will it help to have a group or forum to be involved in maintaining the motivation to go?
Motivation is a very important element of successful weight loss. Most people who lose weight successfully are driven independently. However, being part of a group that is going through the same transformations (emotional and physical) can be a great support. Tempted by the office donuts in the morning? A coworker on the same trip in the diet could be your rock when the guard out of his hands. Skipping your morning workout is less tempting when your best friend got up early and features you are there. Making changes in the long term to maintain weight loss?
Control of long-term weight is very mental. You have to change your mindset of "I'm on a diet" to "This is the way now." Instead of a temporary quick fix, see healthy eating as a permanent change in your lifestyle in diet and daily habits.
This could include:
• Display of food in a different light, and appreciate all the wonderful health benefits. • Adopt a diet full of nutrient-rich whole foods, including fruits, vegetables, legumes and whole grains.
• Given his plate. Aim for a higher amount of protein and fiber in each meal, to keep you full longer. • Eating with the seasons to come for fresh mature products will be full of flavor and nutrients.
• Limit highly processed and refined foods.
• The practice of mindful eating. A simple exercise can be to sit with her plate and take 5 deep breaths before beginning your meal, or try taking slow, deliberate bites, enjoying the taste, texture and taste every bite offers.Other tips for weight maintenance and stay active?
• Be smart at breakfast. A healthy breakfast is an important place to start. When you make a smart choice at breakfast diet will be more motivated to eat healthy the rest of the day.
Looking for something quick and nutrient dense?Stay hydrated! Water helps to keep your energy keeps the body systems work efficiently, and satisfy your cravings for snacks. Buy a bottle of water to keep on your desktop and one for your car, and make an effort to drink more water during the day. Change your exercise! Daily exercise not only benefits your overall health, it is also a key part of weight maintenance. Try adding a different kind of exercise, weight routine or adding hills or sprints in your current cardiovascular activity. What are the top myths about weight maintenance?
Once the weight is off, I can eat whatever I want. The portions are key when it comes to maintaining a healthy weight. We will always be tempted by options, abundant in processed calories, and many social events happen around food.
Instead of feeling like you can never enjoy or be social, being aware of your options. Pay attention to the amount of food you put on your plate. You probably already know that the food you can load up on (think green vegetables) and others that require more moderate portions and self-control (such as guacamole and tortilla chips).
Skipping meals is a good way to reduce calorie intake to maintain weight. In theory it might make sense: Do not take the food, ignore the calories. The problem is that skipping a meal is likely going to make you feel hungrier for the next meal, which means you'll eat twice as many calories you normally would (sometimes unwittingly).
I will use these tips to stay healthy and slim in 2015!